Mobile Devices at UVA
Connecting Your Mobile Device to UVA Services
A Note about Technical Support for Mobile Devices
Because of limited resources, technical support is somewhat limited for smartphones, mobile devices, and tablets (including e-readers like the Kindle and Nook) at UVA.
If detailed instructions are not provided below for your combination of mobile device and UVA wireless or email account, you can still probably successfully set up your UVA email account on your device; see Connect Other Mobile Devices at UVA and Configure Other Mobile Devices for UVA Email.
Smartphone & Mobile Device Configuration Instructions
ITS offers detailed instructions for the following types of smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices:
iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)
- Connect iOS to UVA wireless
- Connect iOS to the VPN
- Configure iOS for UVA email
- Configure iOS for LDAP “People Search”
- Connect an iPad to the UVA Hive (unsupported)
- Troubleshoot an iOS connection problem
- Connect Androids to UVA wireless
- Connect Androids to ITS-provided Office 365 email
- Connect Androids to the UVA Hive (unsupported)
Windows Mobile Devices
All Other Mobile Devices
Need More Help?
For help beyond initial setup, we refer you to your mobile device carrier and/or your vendor website: