Student & Alumni Email at UVA
Services Provided by Google, a UVA-Contracted Vendor
About UVA Student & Alumni Email
ITS partners with private vendor Google to provide University email accounts for:
- Current students (plus alumni in Classes of 2006 & later): Find out how to activate your UVA Gmail account.
- Alumni (Classes of 2005 and earlier): Access giving.virginia.edu/hoosonline/vmailforlife.
Benefits Provided by UVA Gmail with Google Apps for Education
- Complete Communication Package: A complete suite of online communication tools in addition to email, including integrated instant messaging (IM), online document sharing, calendaring, Web publishing tools.
- Modern, Sophisticated Email: Modern and user-friendly user interfaces, with large storage space allotments.
- UVA Email for Life: Students with UVA Gmail (in the Classes of 2006 & later) retain their UVA email address, messages, and account for life. Upon leaving the University, their messages and folders are preserved.
FAQs about UVA Student Email
- How do I activate access to my UVA email account for the first time?
- Can I change my email address to something easier to read, write, and remember?
- Can I consolidate my personal (non-UVA) email account and my UVA email account?
- How do I access my UVA email account on my smartphone or mobile device?
- Can I access my account using an email program such as Outlook (via POP or IMAP)?
- Will my email account or address change when I graduate or leave the University?
- more FAQs »
What Would You Like to Do?
- Check Your UVA Email Account
- Change Where You Read Your UVA Email
- Configure Your Mobile Phone for UVA Email
- Request an Email Alias
- Change Your Email Password
- Activate Your UVA Email Account