Email for Students & Alumni (Gmail)
How to Activate UVA Gmail Account
New Admits: You must wait 72 hours after accepting your offer of admission and paying your admission deposit (if required) before you may start this.
- Familiarize yourself with your computing responsibilities.
- Complete the Security Awareness Training (Responsible Computing Tutorial)
with a score of 100%, and agree to abide by UVA’s computing policies.
- For newly admitted undergraduate & graduate students: Complete your training now (log in through NetBadge using your Temporary password—you’ll get a Permanent password later).
- For all other new students: Take this version of the training now if you did not receive a password for NetBadge during the admissions process.
- Access your new UVA Gmail account! Log in to UVA Gmail through NetBadge, or view more information about UVA student email.